how we help
65% of Canadian businesses state that access to funding is their biggest hurdle
We provide a platform for entrepreneurs to compete for financing to start or grow their businesses.
Young businesses fail due to two main reasons.
- They are unable to secure funding or sufficient capital to sustain operations and grow.
- Entrepreneurs do not have the right business skills and marketing strategy to keep their enterprise afloat.
The Ignite Capital annual competition provides applicants a number of benefits.
- Guidance and templates to develop a professional business plan which can be used for other funding opportunities and to help focus on the core business proposition
- Workshops outlining the financial process including cash flow, income statements and projected sales
- For the finalists, the pitch process helps businesses refine their presentation skills and learn how to sell their business
- Winners learn how to manage debt with a reasonable loan
DO YOU WISH TO LEARN ESSENTIAL BUSINESS SKILLS?
If you are a new entrepreneur between 18 and 34 years old, and would like to participate in an intensive training course that gives you hands-on training in fundamental business skills, our sister organization Business in the Streets can help.